4.15.13
This post is a bit out of order... I don't know what happened. I have been a bit busy and didn't realize. oops. anyway.
Tracker and I headed back to Washington with Ryan to look for places to live. He had to work all week. and work late so we didn't get to see much of him. Tracker and I did as much exploring as possible. We got lost several times but always found our way back. We discovered just about every park there I swear. There are so many parks with awesome play grounds. We are very excited about that. We hung out at the hotel a few of the days--- and those days were very long--- but for the most part we were able to be out and about enjoying ourselves. Tracker had a really hard time sleeping at night. He was up just about every hour crying. I thought for sure he would be such a monster during the day but he was the happiest little guy in the world. I don't know what his deal was but he made sure to load me up with lots of hugs and kisses all day so it wasn't so bad running on zero sleep.
When we first got to the hotel I pulled out my can of lysol and sprayed the entire room from top to bottom. Seriously I never realized how disgusting hotel rooms are until you have a child rolling around on the floors. We were high off lysol fumes but whatev.
I did my best to build a play corner for Tracker and barricade him into it so he wasn't all over the hotel. It worked for the most part but he was still able to escape a few times.
It must be planes because every single flight Tracker has been on- within an hour of getting off he has a blow out. This time luckily I made sure we were check into our hotel and had plenty of extra clothes.
We spent lots of time looking out the window. Tracker loved the giant window and being able to see everything. We had a nice view of the airport so the 2-3 times a plane takes off or lands a day he was amazed to see it.
I have a love for bridges. Not sure where that came from or why but I do. and the tri-cities have 2. and you have to drive over them to cross into each city. I tried to get Tracker excited each time we drove on it but he was not impressed.
We explored the mall, went and looked at what seems like hundreds of apartments, went on tons of walks and spent hours on the swings.
Tracker wanted to consistently be on the move. Playing, rolling, exploring, swimming.
Lucky for him we took him down to the pool every single night.
So what if Ryan didn't get home until way past his bedtime and we still decided to go down.
He loved it... although it made for a very unhappy baby once we got out.
Tracker and I were more excited to explore the Columbia river than anything.
We spent the entire day walking up along its trail.
We watched the seagulls, stopped at almost every playground, ate lunch. All along the trail they have these bench swings that you can sit and watch the water. That was my favorite. Tracker loved just sitting with me and we would swing back and forth. Thats definitely moments I never want to forget.
We ended up meeting a really sweet Mum at the swings and she invited us on a play date the next day. Since it was raining we went to this gymnastics gym where they have an open hour.
Tracker was so interested in watching all the other kids the entire time. I cant wait to take him back there when he can move around and enjoy it a little more himself. It was so much fun.
Seriously this kid was a dream the entire week.
He was so happy. Other than night time when life really was more of a nightmare. He was so good.
He was happy to just be on the go all day and hardly fussed at all.
It really made everything so much better and made our days so much easier.
Ryan was able to get off work a little earlier on Friday so we celebrated and went out to eat.
He has been lucky enough to have several people there take him to really yummy places to eat. I have had to listen to him talk about how great some of these places are and was hoping we would get a chance to go to some of them together but I ate back at the hotel most of the week and the one day we went out he wanted to try something new. but we went to this wing place and it was soo good.
I cant wait to go back and try some again. and try all those other places Ryan is telling me about.
Ryan got out of working on Saturday so I could take him through some of my favorite apartments and see how he liked them and just spend a little time together. After going through several apartments we decided to do something fun and take Track to the duck park.
It was all fun and games until I saw an injured duck limping and I had to get out of there. It totally broke my heart and I knew I would probably see more if we stuck around longer.
-I don't do well will hurt animals-
Hotel life really is not the best when you have a kid.
No highchair = using the stroller
but Tracker things his stroller is the funnest place ever and was far to distracted to eat much.
We got him a sippy cup and he has been loving drinking water from it.
but the best part about being in Washington is the few moments we did get to see our main man.
Its really ridiculous how much we miss him during the week.
Its the best thing ever to just be together.
.... and just like that our week was over. We were ready to get home to Trackers bed, toys and a clean floor but we were not ready to leave Ryan. Tracker was once again amazing on the flight home.
I was nervous to fly with him by myself and juggle all the crap we had but it ended up not being so bad and I was amazed at how many people are so willing to stop and help. I couldn't stop thanking people left and right who helped pick up a toy, open our stroller, carry a bag or just smile at Tracker which then made him smile back. It really warmed my heart especially after the horrible things that happened that week in Boston. I have seen a quote floating around about looking for the good when something bad happens and its so true. No matter what the bad thing is. There is always so much good if you look around. and I hope I can help be part of that good.
































































































