Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tis the season

For Christmas Cards...

Late night stories under the tree.


Snow?! Well kind of snow. More like frozen rain and frost. The white didn't last but the extra slippery streets did. I enjoyed pretending it was a real snow storm while it lasted.
New Christmas Ornaments.
Somehow this year Ryan and I no longer get individual ornaments and we are now "Webster's".
It makes me feel old. But seriously we don't really need individual ornaments anymore. I am not sure why we ever had our own in the first place. 

Gingerbread decorating with great friends.

Baking daily.
I was determined to learn how to make sugar cookies. I have never been able to get it quite right. I was finally able to master other types of cookies this year but those darn sugar cookies always get the best of me. I either cook them too long or not long enough. They are always hard and flat. I was determined to find the right recipe and perfect it. That left me and my favorite partner in the kitchen A LOT. I am sad to say I still have not been able to figure it out. Its my goal to get it right by next year.




For a candlelight service at the church I have been going to.
We dressed up and Ryan even came with. It made my heart full to hear the words of Christ being with my family. Tracker behaved fairly well for the most part.

Christmas Cards. I love them so much. and save them forever. I love going through my box of cards over the years and see how everyone has grown and changed.
Christmas Countdown. Maybe next year Tracker will keep on me about updating this.