7.18.13
I was so worried about being away from Makenzies spot on her birthday. We tried to plan our trip back home so we could be there but Ryan's work schedule just didn't work out.
I decorated around our house so we could do a mini party for her.
We hung her wreath, played outside, played with friends and talked about her all day.
We have made good friends with the sweetest family here. I invited them to come over on her birthday. I was so worried if they thought I was a complete weirdo. I know we do things a little different than most especially when it comes to celebrating her. Brandie was so sweet and wanted to join.
We started out by letting the balloons go. I blew them up at the beginning of the day so they were kind of sad by the evening so we had to send them off before they completely died.
They then came up for dinner and cake.
We didn't do a whole lot but it was so special to still have a special day for her. I am so thankful for our friends who helped us celebrate. I am so thankful for all the texts and emails I got throughout the day with people making sure I knew they remembered her.
We had a big party planned in Utah for Makenzie which we were so excited for but I hope she still enjoyed our mini party for her. I can only imagine what a crazy 4 year old she would be. I don't even know what I would do with a 4 year old. I'm sure I would have had it somewhat figured out but I am set on life with a 10 month old. I wish I knew what that life was though. 2 kids. a 4 year old and a 1 year old. What a beautiful life that would be.
We are so blessed to have such sweet family that made sure to decorate Makenzie's spot for us and for those that sent their own balloons to her. She really is so very loved.
























