My Mum took a few days off so we could spend some much needed one on one time with her. A lot has changed in the last few months and we didn't get to spend much time together during our short visit in December. We started our first morning with her by going to Dunkin Donuts. We have never been here so it was a fun treat to get some yummy donuts and coffee. Tracker decided on this trip he was big enough to sit at the table like a big kid and refused to sit in a high chair or booster. I could have cried every single time. He is growing too fast.
We had a mix up of plans that day so we were kind of just going and doing what we could. We ended up going to the Zoo which is one of my favorite places and ended up being the absolute best time of Trackers life. I was worried it would be a 'waa.. waa' moment like the Disney store and I would have hyped it up to much in my mind but it ended up being better than I thought.
Post on that later...
After the Zoo we dropped Tracker off with Grandma Becky and my Mum and I headed up the mountain to do some skiing and snowboarding.
It has been a few years since I have been so I was worried I might die by running into a tree or something. I survived but I almost died by just falling really really hard on my face and twisting my arms in a really weird way thus not being able to move my shoulder for the remainder of the trip and wearing a sling for the next few days. It completely knocked the wind out of me and I laid there for several minutes before getting up. A few nice people asked if I was okay to which I moaned and they carried on... After that I was done and we headed home.
One of the main reasons for this trip to Utah was to meet my ADORABLE niece Arabella. Oh my goodness I could just squeeze her. My little brother is a DAD! So crazy to think. but he sure makes a great Dad. Bella is the sweetest little thing and I was in heaven being able to hold her for a while. She is so sweet and petite. I wish I could have seen her more but Tracker ended up with croup once again the next day so we stayed away which broke my heart. Love that little girl.
I was only suppose to be in Utah for a couple days but my friend Julie had to go home unexpectedly so I ended up staying almost a week longer than planned. It was so great to be home with everyone but it made for a long trip and by the end Tracker and I were both anxious to get home to Ryan.
Because we were able to stay longer I made sure to visit all of my family as much as I could. We spent an afternoon with Amy and Willow. Tracker is sooo in love with her. She is the sweetest little thing. I could have just packed her in my bags and brought her home with me. She is only 8 months older than Tracker but talks like an adult. She is the smartest kid I have ever known.
One of my only requests during this trip was to go to the Cheesecake Factory. Its one of my most favorite restaurants and I have been craving it for nearly a year... Since the last time we went.
I am not sure if it was the time of night, the fact that we had a long day or that Tracker was just on one but he was a bit of a monster the entire time. We left covered in food and tears. Mainly ketchup. Our waiter was so sweet and tried so hard to bring Tracker things that would make him happy but there was nothing that would calm the kid. We ate as fast as possible and headed home.
I was so excited to see a blog follower/friend while there. I started following her a while back after messages here and there so it was so fun when she came to introduce herself to me and I got to meet her in person. You are the sweetest Kristy.
Tracker and I got to spend some time with a few friends and have a couple play dates which was so much fun. We are so lucky to have such amazing people in our lives to make some great memories with. Tracker has been so good about not getting hurt the last few weeks but while in Utah his poor head just couldn't catch a break. He fell of the couch at Grandmas and hit his head on her table, he fell into some wooden blinds getting 3 bruises behind his ear, he hit his eye on the corner of a metal table splitting his eye brow open, he flipped of the other Grandmas bed and hit his head on a chair on his way down. It was seriously a very sad time as far as injuries go.
When Tracker was with Grandma Becky she took him to pick out a toy. She showed him a Jeep safari truck, a few stuffed dogs that looked like Harley and some other boy items but Tracker wanted nothing to do with them. All he wanted was this tiny little baby doll and a bottle. I about died when I saw it. He was so sweet and cute with this doll. I don't even know where he learned it from. He will sit there and feed the baby and rock it back and forth. I about melt every time I see it. Grandma was extra sweet and even made his little baby a blanket before we had to go home which just put this cuteness over the top. Seriously its the best!
Since we were able to stay longer we were able to go to Ryan's cousin Kamerins little girls birthday party. Kalea turned 5! I cant even believe it. It was the first birthday party I have been to this year where someone is turning 5- the same age Kenzie is. Kalea and Kenzie were just a couple months apart. I can imagine they would have been pretty good friends. Its so frustrating that these memories and missings come at times I really wish they wouldn't. but this was one time that I was really missing what could have been.
The party was actually really fun and Tracker was in heaven. He tried to follow every one of the bigger kids and do everything they did. It was so much fun to watch.
Devlin and Teagan came to stay with me for the night so I made sure to grab some extra yummy treats to surprise them with. Tracker was still getting over croup and the party really wore him out so I left him with my Mom and took Teagan out for a girls date. We did a little shopping and spent way to much time and money in the candy store. She was in 5 year old heaven. I cant even describe how much I miss these kids since we have moved so having some one on one time was soo needed. but it went way too fast. I was blown away with the funny things Teagan would say and hear about all the things she has learned.
Devlin is like an adult. I have always talked to him years beyond what he was. He is my best buddy and has been for 11 years now. There is something special about him and I just adore every moment I get with him. We tried to think of a way for him to just come back with me and never ever leave me again. Too bad his parents would miss him.
They are both the absolute best with Tracker.
Devlin still talks about Kenzie which I love so much and makes me so happy to hear he remembers.
The kids and I went for a special breakfast and then went to one of my favorite parks.
Allie, Emma and Brady met up with us so we got to spend some much needed time playing. I cant get enough of them and was so happy I was able to steal some extra time before I left. I miss that family so much it hurts. Its unreal how big Emma and Brady get every time I see them. I sure wish time would slow down. The part was so perfect. The weather was amazing and we left with sand in every pocket and spilling out of our pants. We really couldn't have asked for a better morning.
Since Tracker turned 18 months while in Utah, Ryan's sweet Mum took a few pictures of him while we were there. She did a great job even though Tracker was exhausted and in a mood. I wanted just some natural, happy, in the moment pictures and I think she did a great job capturing that. These are my behind the scenes pictures... Hers are much better and ill post them later.
We had such a great time with some of our most favorite people.
It makes living away so hard and makes us miss them all so much. I hate saying goodbye and not knowing how long until ill see them again.
Tracker and I flew home early Tuesday morning. Silly me thought a 6am flight on a Tuesday wouldn't be busy. It was insane. I have never seen so many people in my life. After hours of standing in lines and literally running to the gate we were the last ones on the plane and barely made it.
We had a layover in San. Fran which would have been amazing if we could have left the airport. I love San Francisco and being there but not being able to be there was rather sad. So I drown my sorrows in expensive coffee watching the sun rise while waiting for our next flight.
and on our last flight home Tracker got his own seat. Which was the perfect ending to this trip.
He loved it. I loved it.
and we were greeted with my most favorite guy in the world when we got off the plane. He even took the entire day off work so we could be together. That Ryan of mine.. He sure is amazing.
















































































