I have gone back and forth for months on what to do for Trackers 2nd birthday. Its no secret I LOVE parties. I love the prep. I love all the stress. I love when it all comes together and I love seeing everyone have a good time. For years my parties were in honor of my girl who I never got to see enjoy it. I loved how everyone else loved it. but it broke my heart to never have her there. To know every detail wouldn't be seen by her. So know that every single birthday of Trackers that is never far from my mind. Knowing he will get to have this day. That I will get to see him enjoy it and he will get to really feel how incredibly loved he is.
This boys world revolves around balls. I was getting ready to plan a sports themed party but his second favorite thing in life is Mickey. and I figured that love will not last nearly as long as balls. So I went with the Mickey theme. We started talking about his Mickey party months ahead of time. He started practicing blowing out his candles weeks before and he was carrying around all the decor for days leading up to his first party. We decided to do 2 parties because we wanted to celebrate with his amazing friends here in Washington and his amazing family back home in Utah.
We did it the day before we left for Utah so having it mid week I knew would be hard for people to attend. BUT nearly everyone came.
It was chaos, it was busy, it went by fast and it was so much fun.
We did a Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dog Bar.
I had to get a bit creative and come up with some fun hot dog toppings and recipes. Luckily we have an amazing hot dog restaurant here in the Tri-Cities that I copied a few ideas from.
There was the option of Hot Dogs or Corn Dogs and a spread of different toppings. The best one and one of the strangest--- Cream Cheese--- Don't knock it till you try it. Its amazing.
I did a candy bar with a wide selection of Black, White and Red candy as well as other amazing treats. Cupcakes, cake balls and chocolate dipped oreos.
Everyone went home with bags overflowing with goodies.
A bubble machine was going, the sandbox, pool full of balls and a big yard to run kept everyone happy. We played one game which was 'Find Pluto's Dog Treats'. I hid about 100 dog treats all over the yard and whoever found the most got a prize. It was a quick, simple but fun game that took up a little time. I was going to make a giant Mickey to pin the ears on but ran out of time.
There was a photo booth with different items to dress up with, a few Mickey inspired signs and some props. It turned out very cute but if I ever do this again ill make the backdrop MUCH bigger. It was too hard to get everyone especially the kids to stand in exactly the right spot.
Tracker was spoiled by all his friends and got some of the best stuff.
We gave everyone homemade goody bags. and when I say homemade I mean homemade.
They were one of my favorite things to make.
Mickey suckers, Mickey crayons, Mickey Tattoos, Bubbles.
His cake was not my best work. I had a vision but wasn't able to do it last minute so this is what was made. Tracker didn't seem to mind. He ate a good amount of cake and didn't slow down until he was stuffed and covered in red and black.
Party #1 was an amazing time. Tracker had an absolute ball. We were surrounded by amazing friends who we have grown to love so very much. They made this boy feel so special.














































