I have waited 4 years to plan a 1st birthday party. To celebrate my baby. To celebrate our survival of an entire year. I have been thinking of this day for so long. We celebrated Trackers birthday in Utah. Planning a party in another state is really overwhelming and rather annoying.
I had a million ideas but many of them I had to forfeit because I couldn't figure out how to get the items to the party in one piece or I wouldn't have enough time to put it together once we got to Utah. I did all the decor prep ahead of time. Like months ahead of time with some things.
The theme started out being just a Tractor theme... Then it slowly became a Farm party.
Farm-Tractor... kind of tie together so it wasn't a huge deal to switch and it gave me more options.
I had so many things I wanted to do at the party but I kept reminding myself that the most important part of this party was Tracker. He wasn't going to remember the party and to be honest I could stick a plastic cup in front of him and he would have the best day of his life.
So many of my big plans... ie: renting out a horse stable, hiring a tractor ride, bounce house...
All got nicked in the butt. At least for this year. Come year 5, we might rent out the white house!
I love having parties. I love watching everyone have fun and enjoy themselves.
I wanted to make sure that happened at this party all while doing as much as I could to make it all about Tracker.
I had an image of how I wanted his invitations to look in my head. I did my best to put them to life but I am not the most crafty girl in town. Thanks to my super crafty sista they turned out pretty close to my idea. These suckers took FOREVER to make. Embossing 350 letters is not something ill ever do again.
I love when there is a table or area that has pictures about the birthday kid.
I love seeing how they have grown and what the last year has held for them.
My sweet friend made Trackers cake. I love how it turned out. I wanted it simple but different.
Ryan's sister made the delicious cupcakes. She is seriously makes the yummiest cupcakes ever.
The dessert table was a hit. I tried to make sure there was something everyone could have.
Including the little ones.
All the food was themed.
Which included all of Trackers favorites...
*Mac n Cheese, Mandarin oranges and crackers*
but of course we just added to his suggestions.
Ryan cut up several pieces of logs to set things on.
The day of his party was ridiculously windy. I waited until the last possible moments to start decorating but even then we had to keep going around and taping things down or re-hanging another thing or chasing an item that blew down the street.
I was just praying that it didn't rain.
We had homemade play dough stations, chalk and coloring on the tables to keep the kids entertained.
We were going to watch a show after it got dark but in the middle of opening presents the rain came and we ALL had to run around getting everything inside. Seriously I put our guests to work.
Every party is suppose to have its issues and glitches otherwise you wouldn't make all the memories.
Here are a few details of the treat bags (filled with candy), decorations and high chair banner.
to be continued...














