We have continued crossing off and adding items to our summer bucket list. We tried to fill our days as much as possible with Devlin and Teagan so they could enjoy as much as they could with us.
We went to this duck park last year and after going one time and seeing nearly every duck hurt with a broken leg or some kind of injury I couldn't go back. We decided to try again and I was pleasantly surprised to see not a single hurt duck. We were pretty much attacked by every goose there and even got them to eat out of our hands. I worried Tracker would be afraid but he loved every second of it. We went through a loaf of bread in minutes and left before they decided to eat us.
Bubbles are a summer necessity. Eating bubbles are an added bonus.
Water fights are the next must every summer. I am not normally a huge fan of water fights mainly because I always lose. Somehow I end up being the one who slips and falls and is thrown in the pool. I thought we had an edge surprising Ryan with a water fight. We filled up balloons, had buckets and squirt guns in hand and waited behind the fence for when he pulled in. Somehow he made it inside before we were able to get him. He half way changed his clothes before we brought the water inside. Not at all what I would normally allow. but every once in a lifetime you have to.
The fight continued outside and lasted a good hour. We were all exhausted. I couldn't believe how long we lasted running, throwing water, slipping, sliding, dunking and squirting.
Tracker only half way like it.
Wiener roasting, Mallow melting & Watermelon eating contest. All in a night.
We were picking watermelon out of our noses for days.
One of our new favorite things to do in the summer is float the Yakima river.
We were a little early this year starting on the river. The water was quite a bit higher than when we normally would go and a lot faster but we still had a blast. The kids all thought it was the best thing we did the entire time they were here.
Safe to say they were all worn out.