Thursday, July 10, 2014

Utah Trip #2

This trip had been planned for a year. It was an extra special trip because my sweet, amazing and adorable friend Kely was getting married! She asked me to be one of her bridesmaids and I was over the moon excited. I have never been a bridesmaid. Only a flower girl or the bride. So I was excited to be apart of her day. Kely and I have been the best of friends since Jr. High. We were inseparable. We ended up starting out at different high schools but after a year Kely transferred to West. I loveddd seeing her there. After high school we moved into an apartment by the U together. It only lasted a few months because we were silly girls who decided to move into a place with another guy (just a friend) who ended up not being a friend and kind of a Ahole and we ended up moving back home with our Mums and breaking our lease. BUT those few months were pretty amazing. We shared a room. A closet. and just about every single outfit that I could squeeze into. Kely is like half my size. Both height and width. 
There are many memories with that girl. Spending hours... HOURS... driving around Salt Lake looking for a grocery store open at 1:00am only to find the one right down the street from our apartment open! We had numerous coffee runs at all hours. Several college parties attended. and night after night of waiting up for one another. This girl is such a doll. I love her. and I miss her like crazy. We get together for lunch or drinks anytime possible. With 2 busy schedules it can be hard especially with me living in another state now. BUT when we are together. Its like NO time has past. 
So on May 20 we jumped in the car and headed for Utah. I knew it would be a full week and I wouldn't be able to be with Tracker much. 
Luckily we have a lot of people anxious to spend time with this boy.

This boy made sure and kept Mickey loved and fed the entire trip...



We got to Ryan's parents EARLY Wednesday morning. After grabbing a few hours of rest we wanted to make Wednesday a fun family day before Ryan took off to the cabin and I dove into wedding stuff. We went to the new Aquarium with Ryan's family and had a blast.
and yes you will see that Tracker is not wearing shoes the majority of the visit. I swear his flip flops were either falling off or he was taking them off every other second. We had to search for them more than once. Silly kid.





















We grabbed some delicious donuts from Beyond Glaze and headed to visit our girlie.



That night Ryan's parents watched Tracker while Ryan and I had a date. We went to our favorite restaurant Rodizio Grill. It was so yummy and much needed.
Ryan took off early the next morning for a few days at the cabin. 
Thursday was Kely's bridal shower. I was in charge of decor and games. It was so fun to plan with her other bridesmaids. There was yummy food and a great Mimosa bar.











Friday was the rehearsal dinner. Khang and Kely were married in their gorgeous Catholic Church. It was a traditional Catholic wedding so there was a good amount of instructions for the wedding party to learn. Their wedding party was fairly big which made it a lot of fun.
After the rehearsal we had the most amazing dinner back at their house.



Bright and early Saturday we were all running around getting ready. It was a rather large explosion of makeup, hairspray, bronzer, bpins and a few jugs of coffee.
Can this bride be anymore adorable?!


The ceremony was amazing. I was a bit of a mess watching her walk down the isle and seeing the mass amount of happiness and love filling that room.







I failed at taking very many pictures. I was too wrapped up in the fun. After the wedding there was a luncheon. I ended up leaving after that for an hour to visit Tracker. I was missing that kid like crazy.
Our visit was short and Tracker didn't end up coming to the wedding because he was not feeling good. Luckily my Mum was taking good care of him. 
The reception was so much fun. Pictures, Dinner, Open bar, Dancing... It went on all night.
A few of the guys, Adeline (another bridesmaid) and I gave toasts which I blubbered through. 
Kely looked beyond amazing. In both of her dresses. The evening went off without a hitch and we all had the best time.
It was such an honor to be apart of such a special day for such an amazing couple.




I was rather exhausted Sunday.
We went to visit Kenzie since we were leaving early early Monday morning. 
The cemetery was already being filled with flowers for Memorial day. I love the cemetery this time of year. It always looks so pretty. This was just the beginning. By the next day it would be filled.
The kids had fun running around.










Whenever we leave we always give Kenzie kisses and say I love you's. When I told Tracker to give sister loves as we were leaving this is what he did. It just about broke my heart into a million pieces. Seeing what his reality is. Loving on his sisters grave. Just hurt.





Sunday night we spent with Ryan's family. The boys got home from the cabin and we had a yummy dinner and played outside. Before our trip was totally over we met up with some of our other favorite people for some dessert. I was not happy that over the last 2 trips to Utah we were not able to spend any time with the Anderson's. We miss them sooo much. It was great to have a little time but it definitely was not enough.




We woke up bright and early Monday morning and headed home. We stopped in Twin Falls to have breakfast with Lisa, Ron and Sarah but ended up getting home in fairly good time. 10ish hours later.


Such a great trip and already counting the days until we are home with our people again.