Friday, August 30, 2013

3 months in WA

We have been in our new home for 3 months now!
On one hand I cant believe its already been 3 months but on the other hand it feels like we have lived here forever. It has been such an adventure to move to a completely new environment.
Moving here without knowing anyone was so scary.
When we first moved it I was so lonely.
Moving to a new state + downsizing to 1 car + not knowing anyone + 1 husband who has been working an insane amount of hours = a lonely lady and ornery little boy
I made it a point to go outside my comfort zone and be more outgoing here. I knew I needed to make friends in order to survive. I knew I needed to get out of the house every single day in order to not lose my cool. I cant imagine moving in the winter because we have spent more time outside this summer than inside. We have taken full advantage of the pool at our apartment. The playground. and we have walked just about every street within a 3 mile radius. I praise the Lord for strollers. That thing has been my saving grace on those mid-day scream fits (Tracker not me) or those afternoons where we feel like the walls are caving in on us. We have grabbed that bad boy and gone out for hours.
When all else fails, I know we can find some peace and quiet and some down time at the swings. Tracker would live in one of those things. I am determined to put one up IN our apartment. I have convinced Ryan to get some eye hooks and we will put one in.
When he has a few minutes to spare he will get right on that!
We moved from owning our townhouse to renting an apartment.
There are several things we are already used to.
but several things we are not.
Apartment living is very different than owning your own home. The environment. The neighbors.
Its not bad by any means just different.
Ryan and I joke how we seem to do so any things in life backward.
Having really nice cars to trading them in for more payment friendly cars.
2 cars to 1.
Owning to renting.
but such is life. Always full of adventures and teaching us lessons.
We are so lucky to have made some amazing friends here in Washington. Thanks to the old blog a few girls friended me that way. I cant thank them enough for being so kind as to reach out to me and offer to hang out. They have turned out to be what I know will be life long friends. and Thanks to Tracker for being my ploy to get other Mums to talk to me. Otherwise I would be one of those childless weirdos just hanging out at the swings and someone would eventually call the cops instead of striking up a conversation about similar sleepless/wild child situation.
Moving to the tri-cities has opened up my eyes to so many different things.
Different views people have on raising their children, religious beliefs, the roles between husband and wife. Not that everyone here is the same. but everyone here is so different. and for the most part everyone I have met is so respectful and accepting of everyone else. I had no idea how many different religions there were. I knew there was a lot but didn't really understand. I have loved hearing what other people think and believe. Its made my desire to find out what I really believe more prevalent. I have visited a few churches and really love what I have seen.
I have leaned to God a lot in the last 3 months for various reasons and I am thankful to know he is still here and wanting to help.
Ryan and I moved out here not at all interested in buying. First of all because we don't know how long we will be here and second because we just had to pay a ridiculous amount to sell our townhouse.
We will be recuperating for a while from that. but since moving here we have started to think about building. Nothing is certain and we will see how the next 9 months go. We signed a year lease so we wont be going anywhere until then. At that point we will see. For now I am loving our apartment.
Its not to small. We have enough space for plenty of wrestling matches and tickle fights- and Tracker as room to play as well ;)
Ryan loves his job. We are all hoping someday those long hours will scale back but that date keeps getting pushed further and further away. He loves the people he works with and he loves the position he has so it makes all those long hours so worth it for him.
As always--- visitors welcome, we have a hideabed couch now and everything!