Sunday, August 4, 2013

Makenzie's 4th Birthday Party

7.21.13

I am always thinking about what to do for Makenzies next birthday. I love having parties. I love getting together with all of our favorite people and to have it a celebration for our baby girl- that's the best! This year was so different than any other year. I have had a little boy to focus most of my attention on which distracts me from party planning and also being hundreds of miles away from home.
I did my best to plan ahead and get as much done in Washington as possible and then had a list of what I needed to do once we got to Utah.
We had the party at my sister Alana's house. She did such a great job getting her yard looking amazing and was just so gracious to let us take over and invade. She is the best!
The day of I was running around getting errands done, goodies made, balloons blown up, cake picked up... Luckily I had my family wanting to tag along with everything I did so I was in good company.
You can never have enough balloons!
I did a polka dot theme. I didn't go overboard and kept it really simple.
We had a BBQ, potluck style dinner, ice cream bar, pinata and slip n slide. 
All of our sweet family and a few friends came. It was so good to see everyone and be together.









Isn't this cake AmaZing!?! My sweet friend made it. She is sooo talented. I told her what I wanted and she seriously did exactly what I asked. and it turned out better than I imagined.
































Ryan got to blow out the candles since it was still pretty much his birthday celebration as well.
Then Ryan got a few gifts. His Mom made him the most amazing blanket of all his old jerseys from the sports he used to play. It turned out amazing and he absolutely loves it. 



and of course we had to share in the celebration and send Makenzie her balloons.
This is something ill never get tired of seeing.



Happy Happy Birthday my sweet baby. I hope your birthday in heaven was incredible. I hope you were showered with love. Please know how thankful I am to be your Mum. Thank you for giving us the greatest day of our lives 4 years ago. Thank you for coming to us.
We will forever celebrate you and your life.