Monday, June 17, 2013

Moving

5.20.13
We spent our last night in our first home together on May 13th.
Ryan then left for Washington while I spent the last week there.
It was spent busy packing, playing with my nieces and trying to soak up every last memory.
Moving is hard.
Moving sucks.
period.
Its a pain to get everything in order and make sure everything is happening the way it should.
Its a pain to live out of suit cases and boxes.
Its a pain to keep your 8 month old happy and safe at the same time.
I missed my husband so my mind was always on just getting to Washington to be with him.
Live under the same roof. 
We only did the living here and there for 2 months. and he came home just about every weekend. We had it easy compared to some. For that I am thankful. but I still missed the crap out of my better half. 
Tracker missed his Dad.
We were ready to not have to say goodbye.
That made the move easier. It made it so we had a great thing to look forward to right away.




Tracker loved the boxes.
I didn't like the sharp corners with some very wobbly baby legs that insisted on standing next to them.

It was sad to say goodbye to our first place.
I remember walking through here looking to buy. I fell inlove thinking it was like a palace.
I thought it was HUGE.
I saw so much potential and was so excited to have OUR place.

There was about a million gallons of paint used on those walls.
A couple thousand square feet of carpet replaced.
4 new windows.
1 new fridge.
1 new dishwasher.
2 washers.
2 dryers.
3 new toilets.
Hundreds of feet of tile.
A new deck.
A few attempts at a garden.
A few floods.
A ceiling replaced.
New faucets.
New disposal.
New wiring.
Electrical problems.
Plumbing problems.
Neighbor problems.
Awesome neighbors.
Crazy neighbors.
The best Halloween parties.
Fun birthday parties.
Thousands of amazing dinners.
Hours of recorded laughs.
1 little girl.
1 little boy.
1 sister roomie.
1 friend roomie.
Months of visitors.
1 dog.
2 dogs.
1 dog.
Sleepovers.
Dates.
Romance.
Fights.
Enough tears to flood us out.
Enough laughs to keep us afloat.
6 years.
6 anniversaries.
A beautiful life was lived there.
It was ours.
It was our safe place.
It held my most treasured possessions.
It housed my heart.
It sheltered us.
I am thankful beyond words for our home.
For having the opportunity to have our place.

Its so hard to see it empty.
Its hard to say goodbye.
I pray it leaves a lasting impression on the next homeowner and treats them as well as its treated us.